If you love your coffee perfectly brewed, a functional coffee grinder must be at the top of your shopping list. However, hunting for the best grinder is never easy, especially with so many options both online and in retail stores, all promising to deliver the best grind. As you explore the available choices, the KRUPS F203 is worth a longer look.
This easy to use electric spice and coffee grinder packs smart features at a very affordable price than the competition. It sports a glossy plastic finish and a clear lid that lets you monitor the progress of the coffee beans, something you rarely find at this price range. For the impeccable design and value, it earns our Top Pick award for budget coffee grinders.
Design and Features
The KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder cuts a convincingly premium profile you’d rarely see in a sub-$100 coffee grinder. A cylindrical hopper holds whole coffee beans or spices up to the clear lid, through which you can monitor the contents being ground. It looks more of a spice grinder than a coffee grinder but it gets the job done, well.
It has a stainless-steel blade, backed by a 200-watt motor, that gives this miniature grinder lots of power. In fact, it can grind almost anything you throw into it may it be cinnamon, coffee beans or nuts to the desired texture and consistency. It is very possible to get espresso quality grind with this budget grinder.
Of course, there are concerns of the heat transfer diluting the flavor of the beans, but you’ll be hard pressed to find a value grinder at this price point, with matching grind quality. The 3-ounce capacity hopper is big enough to grind up to 12 cups at a go.
For security, this grinder comes with a lid-activated switch (just like most blenders) that only works when the lid is secured in place. Also, the retractable cord makes for a neat kitchen top companion.
Using the KRUPS F203
The KRUPS F203 is a budget coffee grinder, and works as it should. It doesn’t get premium features like texture/size adjustment, dosage or in-built scale. When working with the KRUPS F203, all you need to do is master how long to press the pulse button in order to get the correct grind size. Once you pull it together, you’ll be surprised at ho effective it cracks your coffee beans.
With time, you can even be doing espresso quality grinds, and you may be required to clean it before using it a second time. Talking of cleaning, the KRUPS F203 is easy to clean, something that is partially attributed to it being a basic grinder with basic features.
Is the KRUPS F203 for me?
The versatility and design of the KRUPS F203 dictates that it is almost cut for everyone. Of course, it can do most of the kitchen chopping and grinding, something we all require for most kitchens. As such, it is an excellent choice for both small and large kitchen, as well as shared offices where colleagues need a cup of coffee from time to time. For the office folk, it is one of those grinders that is versatile enough to grind coffee beans and spices for the whole office.
Whether the KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder has a place in your kitchen counter really depends on your budget and what type of coffee drinker you are. Also, whether your coffee drinking habit is likely to change in future. If you’re someone like me, who often tries all sorts of roast styles and play with various grinds, hit that cup. With it good degree of grind control and predictable consistency, plus sturdier construction, the KRUPS F203 Coffee Grinder is the way to go.
Otherwise, for those who have no problem spending a few more bucks for a grinder that’s faster, more flexible, superior features and convenience including a scale, the choice is simple. Both the Breville BCG820BSSXL and the OXO On Conical Burr Coffee Grinder are good choices. If you’re on a budget, get the KRUPS F203 Coffee grinder and it’ll save you bucks and time during the hectic AM rush.
If you need value for money, then buy the KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder for its versatility, great design and good quality grinds for both coffee beans and spices.
- Sleek, attractive design
- Seamless versatility (Grinds coffee beans, spices, nuts and grains)
- Easy to use.
- Limited control on grind size
- Generated heat might affect coffee flavors
Free shipping4 new from $79.95
4 used from $71.60
as of June 16, 2019 11:15 am
Free shipping2 new from $16.97
as of June 16, 2019 11:15 am
- Durable 40mm stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
- One-touch start timer keeps your last setting, just push to grind
- Hopper holds up to 0. 75 lbs of Coffee beans
- Dial in your preferred grind size - built-in adjustable grind Selector with over 18 click...
- Always ready to go wherever/whenever - no batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to...
- Quality above all else - crafted with the same essence as traditional German cookware, our...
- Order NOW risk-free!- 100% money-back Guarantee, No questions asked! Order today while supplies...
- EAN: 0719812093611
- MPN: 8717000
- UPC: 719812093611
- Model: 8717000
- Part Number: 8717000
- EAN: 5060554560059
- MPN: 4335457009
- Model: Manual Hand Coffee Grinder
- Part Number: 4335457009
Free shipping3 new from $19.97
as of June 16, 2019 11:15 am
- ☕ CONSISTENT GRINDS EVERY TIME - Unlike many others on the market, the Mueller HyperGrind gives...
- ☕ COMPACT & STYLISH - Takes up minimum counter space and can be easily stored in cupboards and...
- ☕ QUALITY ABOVE ALL ELSE - Crafted with the same essence as traditional German precision...
- ☕ ORDER NOW RISK-FREE! - 100% Money-Back Guarantee, no questions asked! Order today while...
- EAN: 5060554560073
- MPN: 4335884599
- UPC: 637028992774
- Model: HyperGrind Precision
- Part Number: 4335884599